Most people dream about finding a happy and lasting intimate relationship. They dream about finding their perfect soulmate and living happily ever after. So how do we know whether the person that we are with, or thinking about being with, as the potential to be our soulmate?
I’m going to share with you three soul mate signs to look for in a life partner. If you find somebody like this then you will instinctively know that this person is right for you. You won’t have to question yourself; you won’t have to wonder – you will just know! You will feel it deep down and you will be sure. It may not happen immediately, but after spending some time with them, you will know.
Many people get into relationships for the wrong reasons. For some, it’s physical attraction and personality chemistry, but the deeper things are still lacking. For others, it may be a reaction to past experiences where things ended badly and you’re happy to just settle for a “nice person”, believing at some level that finding someone who is just right for you is highly unlikely.
But if you’re happy within yourself and are prepared to wait for the right person to come along then these soulmate signs are the things that you should look for.
Soul mate Signs to Look for in a Life Partner
1. You feel chemistry and a soulmate connection.
One of the best definitions of a soulmate connection that I have seen is as follows: “a soulmate is someone with whom you share a deep and profound connection and feel that you can completely be yourself. Someone you love unconditionally, and who loves you unconditionally, and when you look into their eyes you have the experience of being at home.”
2. You share the same values and want the same things out of life.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to share the same interests on the surface. Just because you both like bowling, or hiking, or playing board games, or one of any number of other things that we could name, doesn’t mean that you share the same values and want the same things at a deeper level. What we’re talking about here are 2 people who are going in a similar direction, who have similar aspirations, have similar beliefs about what is important and what is not.
For example, it may be important to you that your partner is ambitious, or not ambitious, or is intellectually curious and likes to talk about the things they’ve been thinking or learning about. To one person this could be highly stimulating while to another it could be completely boring. It all depends on you. So it’s important that you know yourself, know what is important to you and look for someone who is similar to yourself.
3. They Are Relationship Material
There may be many people in the world with whom you can feel chemistry had a sense of connection, who may also have similar values and beliefs to yourself, but this does not mean that they have the qualities that are essential in a good life partner.
Here are some of the qualities that you should expect to see when considering getting into a long-term relationship with someone. Do not compromise on this! You will do so at your peril.
- You can count on them to keep you physically and emotionally safe. This means that they are not emotionally unstable and likely to feel differently about you tomorrow, than they do today.
- When you are stressed, or unwell, or have been hurt, they will be forthcoming with genuine concern and assistance.
- When you share your thoughts, feelings and worries with them, they are ready to listen and respond with compassion, empathy and care.
- You can trust them and count on them to keep their word. In other words, you believe they have sufficient integrity to give you confidence in them.
- They want to spend time with you and make future plans with you – and make the effort to do so.
- They are financially responsible. You don’t want to be with someone who is going to give you financial grief, either because they need you to carry them, or they can’t be trusted to do the right thing with the money they have.
- They celebrate your good times and are always there for you during the bad times. It’s not all about them.
- Your happiness is important to them as their own – and vice versa.
The above soul mate signs can sometimes be found in a best friend. A best friend may not necessarily be a lover, but if your lover is also your best friend then you have everything you need for a lasting and happy relationship.